Welcome to this part of the EPIC website - the EPIC Challenge Groups forum. The aim of this forum is to provide a platform for progressing ideas for new EHealth services or products with like-minded people.
Below you can find useful guidance outlining what to do if this is your first visit to the forum.
If you wish to view the EPIC project website, you can do so by clicking here. EPIC is a project part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund and the South West Academic Health Science Network which is seeking to improve the use and development of EHealth within Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly.
Logging into the forum
First time on the forum?
To access this forum you will first need to create an account, this can be done by clicking here or selecting 'Create New Account' in the upper right hand corner of this page. Further guidance on creating your account can be found in the User Guide or via this short instructional video.
If you are having difficulties creating an account, let us know by emailing EPIC@plymouth.ac.uk. We can then contact you and help with your account set up.
Returning to the forum?
If you have already created an account, enter your username and password in the upper right hand corner of this page.
If you have forgotten your username or password, you can request this be reset by clicking here or selecting 'Reset Password' in the upper right hand corner of this page, then selecting 'Forgotten your username or password'.
EPIC Challenge Groups
What will happen in the groups?
Initially we have created 12 broad groups, with each group being managed by one of EPIC’s research team. We will facilitate each group providing information and support and helping to support progress. Join any group that interests you and start collaborating. If your collaboration develops a potentially viable product or service idea, opportunities are available to apply for a grant from the EPIC Challenge Fund, which we can support you with.
Of course you may also want to meet online (see a list of our upcoming webinars at the end of this page) or face-to-face to progress your ideas. If you do, we hope that you will be able to summarise the meeting in our forums so others can be aware of how things have moved forward.
Joining a Challenge Group?
You can read and contribute to any of the 12 groups but we suggest as a starting point you join up to 3 and see how you get on. When you first registered for the Forum you will have received an automatic email which provided directions and a numerical code which will help you join a challenge group. If you are unsure on how to join a group, click here to view our guidance.
Once joined the first thing you should do is to introduce yourself to others in the group. You can stay with any group and start to develop your ideas, or you can move off to see what is happening in other groups.
New Challenge Groups
We also anticipate (and encourage) alternative or specific project ideas branching off into 'extra' groups which can be added to the forum as required. If you would like a new group set up, please contact a member of the EPIC team.
Who Can Be a Member?
Currently the forums are open to anyone in the 'EPIC Community' – that is anyone who has engaged with the project during a webinar, workshop conference or responded to our online questionnaire.
Please note that all members of the forums should abide by our very general code of conduct which is available here.
- Tuesday 30th January, between 1pm and 2pm: Safer Medication
- Tuesday 30th January, between 4pm and 5pm: Access to services/rurality
- Monday 5th February, between 8pm and 9pm: Lack of human contact
- Tuesday 6th February, between 12pm and 1pm: Technology to improve clinical workloads
- Wednesday 7th February, between 2pm and 3pm: Maintaining independence and safety
- Monday 12th February, between 4pm and 5pm: Social prescribing
- Thursday 15th February, between 1pm and 2pm: Technology and workforce development
- Monday 19th February, between 1pm and 2pm: Mental health
- Monday 19th February, between 4pm and 5pm: Promoting healthy lifestyles
- Monday 19th February, between 8pm and 9pm: Delivering digital information
- Wednesday 21st February, between 3pm and 4pm: Technology in later life
- Friday 23rd February, between 12pm and 1pm: Empowering people through technology